Quit it right now! 12 things you must never do again.
Yes, you heard me right. I want you to quit. And, I want you to quit right now.
“Hey, Hodges, you just told me a few days ago to not quit. You even quoted a whole bunch of famous people who also said not to quit.”
Yes, that’s right, I did. And I meant what I said about not giving up on your dreams.
This is different.
Quit it right now!
12 things you must never do again.
1. Quit complaining. I know you don’t like your neighbors dog, but please stop complaining about it. If you only complain and don’t do anything about it, you are just noise. And listening to complainers is bad for your brain.
2. Quit comparing yourself to other people. God made you special and he loves me very much. When you compare you forget that you are special just as you are. Warning: Stop Comparing Yourself to Others.
3. Quit gossiping. If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all. My mother told me that, and she is right. Keep your mouth shut, unless you can say something nice. Really, listen to my mother.
4. Quit believing lies. Your grade school teacher said you couldn’t write. She read your paper out loud and laughed. What she said is a lie. Quit believing her and write. “If you write. You are a writer.” Jeff Goins.
5. Quit dwelling on the mistakes of the past. The past was yesterday. Cry about it, mourn your mistakes then do something creative today. You can’t change yesterday, but you can make today great.
6. Quit procrastinating. Come on, go and put the chicken legs in the oven and then illustrate your book. You keep saying you will do it tomorrow. Tomorrow is really today, and today you haven’t done it yet. Get off the couch and draw. Oh, wait, that’s me.
7. Quit blaming others. When you blame others for your sad life. You are giving your power away. You can’t change other people and then you remain stuck. Take control of your life. Only you can change your attitude and your life.
8. Quit picking your nose in public. You may pick your nose in the bathroom, just wash your hands when you are done. But in public keep your fingers out of your nose. Nose picking spreads germs and it is gross.
9. Quit saying bad words. Bad words are like moldy bread and dog poop that people don’t pick up on the road. It stinks and leaves a bad taste in the air.
10. Quit eating food that is bad for you. You know what food makes you feel bloated, makes you crabby, or raises your cholesterol. Well, stop eating it. Take control of your tongue.
11. Quit looking at your phone while you drive and when you talk to people. You could die in the car because you are looking at your phone, you could kill someone else, and you are alienating your friends when you don’t look at them.
12. Quit being so easily annoyed. You are a fool. Oh, and when you teach your children this verse, they will quote it back to you. “A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.” Proverbs 12:16. I am a fool. Often.
What do you think? Can you think of anything I should add to the list?
Is there something you need to quit today?
I hate to admit it, but I have a problem with all 12. Yes, even #8.
About Pamela Hodges
My name is Pamela Hodges. I am a writer and an artist. I write to encourage and to bring laughter. I paint cats, draw cartoons and write books for children and grown ups.