You know you need to clean your house when…
The past few weeks all I have done is write, and paint cats in the basement. This morning I woke up and wandered like a zombie through my house. Well, I am not sure how a zombie would wander. And, actually I don’t even know what a zombie is. Are they partially dead or partially alive?
Anyhow, I wandered through my house unsure of who lived here, and who made the mess. I didn’t write this morning, and I didn’t paint in the basement. It was time to clean. There were clues all over the house.
You know you need to clean your house when:
1.You use a garden rake on the carpet to pick up papers from a craft project.
2. Your kitchen floor looks like you are a dog groomer after you sweep all the dog and cat hair into a pile.
3. Your white carpet looks like it is a dark brown flower bed.
4. You drop radish seeds on your floor and they start to grow.
5. There is no clean silverware or plates. They are all dirty on the counter.
6. You consider driving to the store to buy new clothes because all of your clothes are in the laundry. (But then you remember you are not buying any clothes for 365 days, and you do your laundry.)
7. It is only 29 days to Christmas and if Santa comes in and sees a dirty house he will leave you a lump of coal, and a broom.
8. Your feet stick to the floor where someone spilled orange juice.
9. Your family is coming to dinner for Thanksgiving and you want them to be able to wear white socks on your kitchen floor.
How do you know it is time to clean your house? Or are you one of those people who cleans on a schedule? Please tell me in the comments. I would really like to chat.
I clean only when it is needs it. Which is usually when I have company coming.
About Pamela Hodges
My name is Pamela Hodges. I am a writer and an artist. I write to encourage and to bring laughter. I paint cats, draw cartoons and write books for children and grown ups.