Managing a household takes a lot of work. There are jobs you have to do daily, like wash the dishes. And jobs you have to do weekly, like laundry and cleaning the bathrooms.
And then there are the monthly or yearly jobs, like scrubbing underneath the fridge, or under the washing machine.
Some of these cleaning jobs may fall into the category of only cleaning when you know company is coming, or you are selling your house.
Cleaning out my pantry is a job I do once a-year. I knew it was getting time to clean the pantry, it had been almost a year since I cleaned it out. But it was the last household job on my list as I had homework for my typography class and I am working on my cat paintings for the Opening of Proximity Cafe in Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
But I knew it was time to clean it out my pantry when I came downstairs this morning.
5 ways you can tell it’s time to clean out your pantry
1. Your toys that come alive at midnight in December, shove everything out of your pantry. (Has that every happened to you?)
2. You find a sweet potato in the cupboard that looks like a monster.
3. Your mother is coming to visit for Christmas. (Mine isn’t, but I wish she was.)
4. You buy a can of kidney beans, when you have 6 cans hiding behind the pasta sauce.
5. You find a family of mice has moved in behind your cereal. (This didn’t happen in this pantry, but it did in our old house in Minnesota.)
My toys come alive at midnight in December. Their last night is on Christmas Eve.
This month they have eaten fried eggs, tossed books out of my bookcase, toilet papered my writing desk, washed my silverware, decorated the Christmas tree, made Christmas cookies, eaten cat food with my cats, had a snow-ball fight, and emptied out my pantry.
I wonder what they will do tonight?
Does your pantry need to be cleaned out? Please tell me in the comments.
p.s. You can follow the toys adventure for the rest of the month by liking toycember’s facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/toycember